Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
General Engineering MEng
UCAS code: H101
Our General Engineering MEng degree builds a strong foundation in the fundamentals of Engineering, with a focus on areas key for addressing the challenges of the 21st Century. Experimental and practical skills are developed in tandem with mathematical and analytical approaches with a strong emphasis on project- based design work from the outset of the degree. Systems thinking, sustainability, modelling and simulation, software and programming, and engineering design, management and entrepreneurship are strong themes that cross through technical modules establishing core scientific and engineering principles in electrical, mechanical, thermal and fluidic domains. In the later years of the degree, a substantial individual project is undertaken, and the group-based project design work of the earlier years leads to a substantial group design project with a brief from industry or from the research labs at King’s. As part of the faculty's work on diversity & inclusion, we are actively working to support women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics in order to address the current imbalance of women working and studying in these areas. Read more about the Women in Science Initiative here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/nmes/women-in-science, where you can also find out about the Women in Science scholarships offered.
- A unique blend of leading-edge engineering specialisms that provide a holistic perspective on engineering, directly applicable to a whole range of future focused careers.
- Our course connects engineering expertise with King’s other wider disciplines, such as business, entrepreneurship, sustainability and law, to unlock a better understanding of the commercial and social context of engineering.
- Builds critical thinking and future workplace skills with collaborative project work from the first term.
- Study in inspiring teaching spaces with state-of-the-art equipment.
- In the final years of your degree, take specialist Engineering modules following from a two-year study of the core of Engineering.
- Undertake a substantial final year group design project integrating advanced knowledge from four years of study.
“This degree allows me to engage in a wide range of skills to study in multiple fields, which gives me a better idea of where I’d like to concentrate my efforts in in the future.”
A new home for Engineering teaching
Join us to celebrate our professors and hear about their inspiring career journeys.
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.