Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
UCAS code: V500
Located in the heart of London, our Department has particular strengths in the philosophy of mind, logic and philosophy of science, ethics and political philosophy, as well as an impressive coverage in the history of philosophy, ranging from pre-Socrates, through Medieval Philosophy and to the present day. That means our Philosophy BA offers an extremely wide range of modules for you to choose from including, for example, Indian or Islamic philosophy - opportunities only available at a handful of UK universities. Students will have the option to transfer to the four-year Philosophy with a Year Abroad BA course. Students on the Philosophy with a Year Abroad BA will spend their third year studying abroad before returning to complete a final year with King's.
- The Philosophy Department is ranked 4th in the UK and Europe and 9th in the world in the QS World Rankings by Subject 2022.
- King’s offers an exceptionally wide range of optional modules, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy - from pre-Socrates to the present day.
- Our emphasis on small-group teaching ensures you acquire and hone the skills of critical thinking. Develop your philosophical ideas and arguments in a focused environment with plenty of feedback and discussion.
- Our Central London location means students can take advantage of leading societies such as the Aristotelian Society and the Royal Institute of Philosophy.
- One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
- Consistently ranked among the top philosophy departments in the country for research and teaching.
“King’s has its base in the analytic tradition but is unique in offering an incredibly broad range of modules to suit anyone’s interest, including rarities such as Chinese and Indian Philosophy. ”
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.