Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Physics & Philosophy MSci
UCAS code: VF53
This interesting and challenging Physics & Philosophy MSci will enable you to investigate the connection between these two subjects and take this study to master’s level in both. You will study the fundamental aspects of physics, including relativity, quantum mechanics, fields and waves, electromagnetism and nuclear physics. Studying philosophy will help you to develop your understanding of reality and our knowledge of it, as well as develop skills in reasoning and arguments.
- Award winning: six former staff and students in the Physics department have won Nobel Prizes.
- Internationally-renowned academic staff in the fields of cosmology, nanotechnology, and the interface between physics and biology.
- Central location gives you easy access to major libraries and many leading societies, including the Institute of Physics.
- One of the largest and most distinguished philosophy departments in the country.
- Philosophy offer an exceptionally wide range of optional courses, covering all areas of the history of philosophy and contemporary philosophy.
- The Department is ranked as one of the top- three UK philosophy departments in the 2014 Research Excellence framework for both the quality of our research and research power.
- Our emphasis on small-group teaching ensures you acquire critical thinking skills.
“The lecturers are incredibly passionate and friendly people. They really care and it makes learning from them enjoyable as you can feed off their passion.”
Starting in September 2024, the undergraduate degree aims to empower students to solve major societal challenges at the...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.