Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Primary Care iBSc
UCAS code: Not applicable. Apply direct to King's.
***Internal application deadline - 28th January 2024*** ***External application deadline - 1st March 2024*** The Intercalated BSc in Primary Care is an exciting opportunity for medical students to engage further with a general practice clinical experience whilst also studying aspects of primary care in more depth and undertaking a research project. It aims to inspire doctors and health care leaders of the future and give an excellent generalist grounding to students planning a career in both general practice and other medical careers, equipping them with the skills necessary to lead integrated and innovative care.
- Strong clinical focus providing practical opportunities to improve clinical and consultation skills. Students are encouraged to run own ‘health improvement' clinics.
- Focus on quality improvement, leadership, teamwork, as well as motivational interviewing skills which will be highly valuable for future careers.
- Leadership skills will be mentored, coached and developed, linking the theory with practical experience; with opportunities to apply leadership in practice.
- Opportunities to learn more about healthcare systems in the UK and globally, history of the NHS, health inequalities and to develop teaching skills.
- Wide range of research projects available
- Our iBSc journal club will discuss seminal and relevant research papers to expand medical knowledge
- Supported towards writing research papers, posters and presentations at conferences
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.