4. King's IT and Setting Up Your Account
A few weeks before you join us at King's, we will send you an email inviting you to set up your King's IT account.
The email will contain the following:
- your King's username which begins with the letter k and has 7 numbers e.g. k0123456
- your temporary password
*Please note: if you have previously studied at King's, are still using the King's username quoted in the email and your original password still works, then you can skip this step and go to 5. Complete Online Enrolment.
To set up your IT account please do the following:
1. Click on this link
2. Follow the instructions to set up your security questions and answers
3. Create a password that you can remember
4. You can now access your email using the Outlook web app. Your email username is your King's username plus @kcl.ac.uk (for example email@example.com)
- Your username should be in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure you input your date of birth in the format DDMMYY e.g. 06/11/1992 would be 061192.
- As you will use this username and password to log-in to all online services at King's it is important you can remember them. We recommend you :
- write down your username
- choose a password that you will remember, which is easy to type on a UK keyboard
If you encounter any problems, please refer to our FAQ page, or contact the IT Service Desk at email@example.com, for assistance.
Before arriving at King's
King's IT provide free software and support. Here are the basics before joining us:
We provide online advice on all IT basics, to help make your start here as smooth as possible:
- Help & Support - links to connect you with IT
- Wi-Fi - information on how to get online across King's
- Email - how to get set up on email
- PC Free - find the nearest available PC to study on
- IT @ King's Guide - all the information you need, in one place
Throughout your time at King's
King's IT is committed to investing in and pioneering top quality services to keep you supported, connected and productive. We offer:
- IT TechBars - instant, on campus IT support
- ChargeBox - 30 minutes of free, secure charging for your personal device
- Lynda.com - access thousands of free engaging video tutorials
- OneNote - supports your note taking in lectures and beyond
- IT Service Desk - 24/7 support every day of the year, call or email us for IT support