6. Download the Welcome to King's App
Your first few weeks at university can be very busy, and there are a number of actions you'll need to complete and events to attend when you arrive. To make it as simple as possible for you, we've created the 'Get Started at King's Guide' within the Welcome to King's App.
The guide has all the information that you need for your first week here at King's, and will allow you to:
- book in your slot to collect your Student ID card (unless advised otherwise - see here for more information)
- find your departmental induction and add to your schedule for the week
- create a To-Do-List from our handy Welcome Checklists - Before You Arrive, Welcome Week and First Weeks
- find out more about all the different services at King's who are here to support as well as enhance your studies
Downloading the App
1. Search 'Welcome to King's' into your app store (iOS and Android) to download the app.
2. When you click into the app, under the heading 'Discover' you'll see the 'Get Started at King's Guide' which you should select to download.
3. Allow push notifications, as we'll be sending out important messages throughout September.
Using the Guide
1. Create a profile
2. Find your induction - click on the Undergraduate or Postgraduate induction section and select your faculty and department. Find the induction(s) that are relevant to you and click the blue + to add them to your schedule. Please note that it is compulsory for new students to attend induction.
3. Select a time to collect your King's ID card to complete enrolment - click on the ID Card Collection section and find the date, time and location which fits in with your schedule. If you are an International student, you will also be able to collect your BRP if you selected King's as your chosen location in your visa application. Please be aware that collecting your ID card should only take around 10 minutes, so you don't need to commit a whole morning or afternoon to this - just make sure you attend at some point between the start and end time of the slot you select.