Crick-HEI Networking Fund
The final call for 2022 is now live!
The Crick-HEI networking fund was established in the spring of 2018 to support staff and students from the Crick and its partner universities to establish and develop connections across disciplinary boundaries and advance the mission of Discovery without Boundaries.
Purpose of the Networking Fund
- Establish new events to enable Crick and HEI researchers to build professional networks within the partnership.
- Support interdisciplinary researchers to make connections, share and develop ideas that could potentially be included in joint funding applications.
- Help researchers to build or develop the skills that are required to lead or organise funded initiatives (e.g. planning, communications, etc.)
These projects should primarily benefit the Crick and partner university staff and students, but networking events could include external contacts from other universities, industry, policy or other organisations where appropriate.
Though applicants are encouraged to hold their events at the Crick or appropriate event spaces at one of the partner universities sites, they are also welcome to hold hybrid or fully online events.
Desired Networking Fund Proposal Outcomes
Applicants are asked to demonstrate how the funding will be used to promote networking through events that adhere to the principles set out above. Supported events may include but are not limited to:
- Networking events such as seminars, workshops and conferences
- The establishment of new networks to promote the exchange of ideas, best practice, and other research goals
- Skills development (planning, communications, leadership, coding, etc.)
- Public engagement events and activities