Crick-HEI Networking Fund
The tenth call for applications is now open!
Crick and university partners' staff and students can apply for financial support for networking, with up to £3,000 available per project.
The Crick and its university partners operate a Networking Fund to support staff and students from the Crick, King’s, Imperial College and UCL to establish and develop connections across the partnership and advance the mission of Discovery without Boundaries.
Purpose of the Networking Fund
- Establish new events to enable Crick and HEI researchers to build professional networks within the partnership.
- Support interdisciplinary researchers to make connections, share and develop ideas that could potentially be included in joint funding applications.
- Help researchers to build or develop the skills that are required to lead or organise funded initiatives (e.g. planning, communications, etc.)
These projects should primarily benefit the Crick and partner university staff and students, but networking events could include external contacts from other universities, industry, policy or other organisations where appropriate.
With restrictions easing, it is now possible to hold in-person events at the Crick, all available spaces can be used at full capacity. Hybrid and fully virtual events can also be held if this is preferable.
Desired Networking Fund Proposal Outcomes
Applicants are asked to demonstrate how the funding will be used to promote networking. Examples of activities that the Networking Fund has supported previously can be found below:
- Public engagement events and activities
- Networking events such as seminars, workshops and conferences
- The establishment of new networks to promote the exchange of ideas, best practice, and other research goals
- Skills development (planning, communications, leadership, coding, etc.)
The deadline for applications is Monday, 9 May. Please visit our internal webpages for further information and details of how to apply.