Please note: this event has passed
You are invited to attend a workshop focused on understanding the barriers for marginalised groups in the financial services industry.
This lecture is the result of a six month research project co-created and led by Dr Ylva Baeckstrom and Maria Lambides together with a team of present and past King’s Business School MSc students: Mohammed Ajaj, Finella Shah, Kunzhi Yue and Jinyan Zhou.
Dr Ylva Baeckström is a former banker and fintech entrepreneur, now a psychotherapist, and senior lecturer at Kings College London. Ylva in an expert on gender and intersectionality in financial services. She aims to create positive impact for the benefit of business, individuals and society. Ylva delivered a TEDx in 2020 and her book Gender and Finance was published in March 2022.
The workshop is informed by recent academic literature and data collected from an online survey to provide a rich understanding of the current state of diversity and inclusion in the financial services industry.
Join in this engaging and collaborative workshop to:
• Learn about the latest research.
• Hear from financial services industry experts.
• Brainstorm ways and formulate action plans to address the issues identified.
• Help shape the future of business school education.
• Contribute to positive changes required for a more equitable and fair industry.
Event detailsLecture Theatre 1
Strand campus, 30 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4BG