Please note: this event has passed
On 31 March 2023 the UK concluded negotiations to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP). The Agreement is one of the world's most important (and largest) free trade agreements. It is currently in force for 10 countries of the Asia-Pacific region: Australia, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malasia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Vietnam.
The UK's accession to CPTPP is both celebrated as a move of enormous economic and strategic significance - and criticised as irrelevant. What does CPTPP accession really mean? What are the opportunities and challenges for British industry? Come and join us online to hear from negotiators and industry - and understand the real issues.
The discussion will feature the following speakers:
- Graham Zebedee, CMG Chief Negotiator for the UK Accession to CPTPP, DIT
- Greg Andrews, Senior CPTPP official for New Zealand, Divisional Manager, NZ Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Holger Hestermeyer, Director CIGAD and Professor of International and EU Law, KCL
- Martin Bell, Deputy Director International Scotch Whisky Association
- Sabina Ciofu, Associate Director International at TechUK