King's Climate & Sustainability: Strengthening Connections - 23 November 2023
Please note that this event has passed.
Are you interested in getting to know people across King's who are engaged in finding solutions to the climate crisis?
King's Climate & Sustainability (KCS) is excited to be hosting the third of a series of interdisciplinary networking events, delving into a number of innovative and exciting approaches to climate action from across the King's community.
The event will bring together researchers, staff and students engaged in the climate and sustainability field to share knowledge, identify positive actions, and foster connections across the university and beyond.
Places are limited, so RSVP quickly to secure your spot! There will also be a range of sustainable refreshments from King's Food, providing the perfect environment to get to know other people across King's who are passionate about climate.
About the speakers
Featuring pitches from members of the King’s community who are at the forefront of sustainability action, our speakers include:
- Dawn Bonfield, Department of Engineering, Faculty of Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sciences: 'Entrepreneurship skills for sustainable development'
- Judit Korosztos, Business Travel: 'Sustainable travel procurement'
- Graeme Collie, King's Food: 'King's Food's three-year development strategy; To feed the minds and bodies of people who aspire to change the world'
- Ved Shivakumar, King's Ecological Society: 'The importance of local action'
- George Adamson, Department of Geography, Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy: 'King's Climate Research Hub'
- Oliver Austen, King's Community Garden: 'Biodiversity and the King's Community Garden'
- Fatima Wang and Vicky Young, King's Business School: 'Marketing for good'
- Baljinder Mankoo, Department of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sciences: 'Natural Sciences: A degree for the future'
Search for another event
23 November 2023