PhD & Research Staff Networking Night
8 November 2023, 18:00 to 19:30
Strand Campus, London
This information is for employers only
To book your space please click the red button.
We are holding an in person Networking Night for PhD students and Research staff to explore opportunities beyond academic research and to develop an understanding of the types of roles available, how researchers have made that transition and what researchers need keep in mind when marketing their skills to employers.
Q&A sessions throughout the evening
There is an opportunity for some employer representatives who have moved out of academic research to talk about how they made that transition and their top tips for current researchers.
An opportunity for employers and alumni to chat to our researchers about moving beyond academic research for example: discovering more about what you look for in researchers, how they can market their transferable skills and the types of roles that are available including work experience opportunities. We would love you to send representatives who have made that transition themselves and/or are experienced in hiring researchers specifically.
At King's we have four thousand PhD students and two thousand research staff, approximately across all our faculties. Over 50% of PhD students look for careers outside academia. Our 2019/20 cohort saw 70% of PhD students go into full time employment, of which 78% confirmed to be using skills acquired from their PhD.
Cancellation and non-attendance charges do apply.
Please see our Terms & Conditions
Why Recruit from King's?
- 24th Globally for University Impact (Times Higher, 2021)
- 35th ranked university in the World University Rankings (QS, 2022)
- Ranked 5th in the UK for University Contribution to Social Mobility (HEPI, 2022)
Outstanding REF 2021 Results
- Ranked King's 6th in the UK for 4* (world-leading) research
- King's ranked 3rd amongst multi-faculty universities for research Impact
- 55% of the overall work submitted was considered world leading (4*)
- On Power1 rankings (weighted quality multiplied by the size of the submission), King's maintained its position at 6th.
- On Impact, King's ranked 3rd amongst multi-faculty universities.
Enhance your profile through our sponsorship packages for our PhD & Research Staff Networking Night
At this event
Careers Education Team Leader (Research Talent)
Employer Relations & Development Manager
Search for another event