Please note that this event has passed.
Join your King's Alumni Committee in Boston, volunteering at the Cradles to Crayons factory, sorting clothes for local children in need.
Cradles to Crayons supports children from newborn through age 12 providing them with the essentials they need free of charge so they can thrive at home, at school, and at play.
Important information is below:
- Please arrive at 12:45pm to check-in.
- Volunteering will be followed by getting a coffee/food together at the nearby Caffe Nero which is only 2 minute drive from there.
- Please consider bringing and donating clothing (new or gently used), footwear (new or gently used), and winter coats (new or gently used). For clothing, they accept sizes preemie through adult medium and in shoes, they accept a size 4 through adult 10.
- If you plan on bringing family or friends, please note that all volunteers must be at least 5 years old. Any child under the age of 18 needs an adult present with them for the entire shift.
- There is parking designated for volunteers in the front of our building and nearby, on-street parking. Please do not park in the Pooch Hotel parking lot or the Tiem parking lot adjacent to the building.
- The Giving Factory is a warehouse environment and it is not fully climate-controlled. Please wear closed-toed shoes and clothing you do not mind getting dirty.
For any other questions please contact King's Boston Alumni Committee Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a difference in March and support King's Global Day of Service
Each year in March, students, staff and alumni take part in a range of volunteering activities across the world as part of King’s Global Day of Service. It’s a great way for everyone to collectively give back and live out King’s ‘ethos’ of service, making a difference in local and national communities.
Service is in our DNA at King’s. Founded in March 1829 to serve society; giving back is an important part of what we do. In March 2023, King’s Global Day of Service will return to bring alumni, students and staff together to volunteer and make a difference in their local and national communities. It’s a great way for everyone to give back and live out King’s ‘ethos’ of service. Further details about all the events taking place for this year’s Global Day of Service will be appearing on our webpages soon, but if in the meantime you’d like to organise an activity of your own, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Search for another event