Andrew Roberts took a first in modern history from Caius College, Cambridge. He has written several books, including The Holy Fox, Eminent Churchillians, Salisbury: Victorian Titan (which won the Wolfson Prize) Napoleon and Wellington, Hitler and Churchill, Waterloo: Napoleon’s Last Gamble, A History of the English-Speaking Peoples Since 1900, Masters and Commanders: How Roosevelt, Churchill, Marshall and Alanbrooke Won the War in the West 1941-45 (which won the International Churchill Society Book Award), and The Storm of War: A New History of the Second World War (which won the British Army Military Book of the Year Award). His website is www.andrew-roberts.net
Areas of research
- Winston Churchill
- Second World War
- Napoleonic Wars
- The Holy Fox: A Biography of Lord Halifax, London : Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1991
- Eminent Churchillians, London : Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1994 ISBN 0-297-81247-5; Simon & Schuster, 1994
- The Aachen Memorandum, London : Weidenfeld & Nicolson
- Salisbury: Victorian Titan, Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1999
- The House of Windsor, Berkeley, Calif. : University of California Press, 2000
- Napoleon and Wellington : The Battle of Waterloo—And the Great Commanders Who Fought It. New York: Simon & Schuster. 2001
- Hitler and Churchill: Secrets of Leadership, Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 2003
- What Might Have Been, Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 2004
- Waterloo: June 18, 1815: The Battle for Modern Europe. New York: HarperCollins. 2005
- A History of the English Speaking Peoples since 1900, Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 2006
- Masters and Commanders: How Roosevelt, Churchill, Marshall and Alanbrooke Won the War in the West (2008), Allen Lane (UK edition); Masters and Commanders: How Four Titans Won the War in the West, 1941–1945 (2009), Harper. (US edition).
- The Art of War: Great Commanders of the Ancient and Medieval World, Quercus, 2008
- The Art of War: Great Commanders of the Modern World Since 1600, Quercus, 2009
- The Storm of War: a New History of the Second World War. Allen Lane. 2009. ISBN 978-0-7139-9970-9.; HarperCollins, 2011
- Love, Tommy: Letters Home, from the Great War to the Present Day. Osprey Publishing. 2012.
- Napoleon: A Life. Viking Press. 2014.
- Napoleon the Great. Allen Lane. 2015.
Roberts sits on the boards or advisory councils of a number of think-tanks and pressure groups, including Policy Exchange, The Centre for Policy Studies, The Canadian Institute for Jewish Research, The UK National Defence Association, The London Jewish Cultural Centre, and Intelligence Squared US’s Intelligence Council. He holds an honorary doctorate from Westminster College, Missouri. He is a Director of the Harry Guggenheim Foundation in New York, a founder member of President Jose Maria Aznar’s Friends of Israel Initiative