Anil Balan is a Senior Lecturer in Professional Legal Education at The Dickson Poon School of Law. He holds bachelors and masters degrees in law and legal practice and masters and doctoral degrees in higher and professional education from Oxford, King’s and UCL.
Previously, Anil was a Principal Lecturer in Law at the University of East London (UEL) and course leader for the undergraduate law programme at UEL. He is also a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and an external examiner at the University of Chester.
Anil practised as a solicitor in the fields of Commercial Litigation, Corporate Insolvency and Family Law at two large national firms for ten years before entering academia. Since then, he has taught a variety of law modules on the LPC, GDL and LLB (including Contract Law, Tort Law, Family Law, English Legal System, Legal Skills, Ethics, Civil Litigation and Company Law) at a range of institutions in both the public and private sector.
- Enhancement of teaching, curriculum design, assessment and feedback for Law students from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- The impact of human rights on Family Law and the Civil Procedure Rules.
- Insolvency, Corporate Recovery and Directors' Disqualification Proceedings.
- MSc in Law and Professional Practice - Transactions & Liabilities and Business Organisations modules
- LLB - Contract Law and Tort Law modules
Publications could not be loaded at this time. Please try again later.