My lab's research is focused on two themes:
1) Understanding the effects of drugs used to treat mental health problems, such as antipsychotics and antidepressants, on the nervous, immune and endocrine systems. By understanding the long-term impact of psychotropic drug treatment, we will inform the clinical use of these drugs, to improve risk: benefit profiles.
2) To understand how alterations in brain structure and function observed in patients with mental health disorders align with appropriate experimental models. This is necessary to advance knowledge of causative biological pathways and mechanisms and facilitate discovery of novel therapeutics.
I am also Training co-ordinator for the Medical Research Council Centre for Neurodevelopmental Disorders. Together with Dr Laura Andreae, we run theMedical Research Council -Sackler PhD program and co-lead a distance-learning module entitled "Neurodevelopmental Disorders from Bench to Bedside".
Please see my Research Staff Profile for more detail.
View all publications
- Professor Oliver Howes, King's College London
- Professor Urs Meyer, University of Zurich
- Dr Deepak Srivastava, King's College London
- Professor Jason Lerch, University of Oxford