Dr John Callanan
Reader in Philosophy
Dr Callanan did his undergraduate work at University College Dublin and also completed an M.Litt there in 1999. He graduated with a D.Phil from the University of Oxford in 2004, having studied at Trinity College. Dr Callanan then took up a post as temporary lecturer back at University College Dublin before taking up a Government of Ireland Post-Doctoral Fellowship there from 2005-2007. He joined King's College London in 2007.
Research interests and PhD supervision
- History of philosophy generally (especially early modern philosophy)
- Kant's critical philosophy, his epistemology & metaphysics
Dr Callanan welcomes enquires from prospective research students seeking supervision on any area connected to his research.
For more details, please see his full research profile
Dr Callanan has previously taught on the following modules
- 6AANA018 Kant's Epistemology & Metaphysics
- 6AANB021 Kant's Moral & Aesthetic Philosophy
- 7AAN2039 Kant I: Critique of Pure Reason
- 7AAN2040 Kant II: Ethics & Aesthetics
Dr Callanan also supervises BA and MA dissertations, and a number of MPhilSt and PhD research students.