Dr Meg Peterson
Lecturer in Creativity & Cultural Entrepreneurship
- Programme Director; BA Culture, Media & Creative Industries
Dr Meg Peterson’s work in academia and industry has taken her around the globe to use art and creativity as a means of connecting people and communities through projects, programmes, workshops and exhibitions she designs, implements, evaluates and researches. She is the Founder of 21 Artists, a consultancy focused on fostering, documenting and evaluating art and social change through artist development, social impact and research.
Beyond 21 Artists, Meg has extensive experience working in industry in the US, UK, South America and Africa as a consultant, educator, curator and artist, encouraging learning and collaboration through exchange programmes, research projects, courses, workshops and seminars with universities and other institutions. Her research centres around cultural entrepreneurship, combining business model innovation with social entrepreneurship and creativity to develop a new model for innovative value creation in the creative industries.
She is currently also developing participatory research projects with partners in Chile, Morocco, Uganda, Palestine and the UK.
Research interests and PhD Supervision
- Cultural and social entrepreneurship
- Business model innovation in the creative industries
- Arts and social change
- Evaluation and social impact in the arts
- Cultural economics
- Service Learning in Arts Management Education: A Case of Creative Living and Learning
- Mapping Creative Journeys Participatory Action Research project, Emergency Exit Arts
- Far Apart UK, People’s Palace Projects
- LIFT Concept Touring
- The Agency UK Report
Meghan leads on supporting students to develop their entrepreneurial thinking and ideas through contributing to both the entrepreneurship modules at MA and BA level. She also teaches about creativity in the context of social change, entrepreneurship and the creative industries.
Expertise and Public Engagement
- Principal Investigator, Osoyegbon collaborative research project with Fuel
- Principal Investigator, Include Us In participatory research project in West Bank, Palestine
- Co-Investigator, Kunlaboro participatory research project
- Research Director, The Agency Participatory Action Research Programme
- Lead Evaluator, New Art Exchange
- Research Lead, Energise Me's Culture in Common
- Research Associate, Far Apart UK, People’s Palace Projects
- Social Impact Lead, The Agency UK (Battersea Arts Centre, Contact and People’s Palace Projects)