Professor Escudier is the current Dean for the Dental Faculty at the Royal College of Surgeons London.
In his role as Deputy, Michael will continue as a member of the senior leadership team of the Faculty with a particular focus on external affairs and the national landscape of dental education and training.
Professor Michael Escudier is:
- Professor of Oral Medicine and Education King’s College London (KCL)
- Honorary Consultant Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (GSTT)
- Chair of College Assessment and Scrutiny Committee (KCL)
- KCL Education Strategy: Co-Chair assessment and feedback theme development group and implementation group
- Dean, Faculty of Dental Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Chair, Joint Committee for Postgraduate Training in Dentistry
- President Elect of European Association of Oral Medicine
Where trained: Professor Escudier completed undergraduate dental and medical training at Guy’s Dental Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital before returning to KCL where he completed oral medicine specialist training in 2002 and was appointed Honorary Consultant to GSTT in 2003. He completed a doctorate on the use of lithotripsy in the management of salivary calculi and leads the multi-disciplinary salivary and orofacial granulomatosis clinics as well as an oro-facial pain clinic.
Areas of special interest: Clinical: oro-facial granulomatosis, salivary gland disease; Education: assessment
Research interests: Professor Escudier has published widely on the management of obstructive salivary gland disease, oro-facial granulomatosis as well as other oral mucosal diseases and assessment.