Sabrina Fernandez is the Associate Director of Operations (Global Education and Sanctuary).
- Developing and delivering programme outcomes for global education projects and King’s Sanctuary Programme, in particular the university sponsorship model
- Strategic planning and development of contracts and funding plans
- Leading on due diligence and risk management
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Governance, management and administration of donations
Sabrina supports the delivery of the King's Sanctuary Programme, which aims to initiate and lead on projects that create positive opportunities for people whose lives have been disrupted by forced displacement.
The Sanctuary Programme includes a range of projects, including the King's Refugee Community Sponsorship Scheme, Sanctuary Scholarships and the Homes for Ukraine University Sponsorship Model. The programme also aims to enhance understanding of forced migration among staff and students at King’s and to develop opportunities for them to make a positive contribution.
Sabrina works closely with the School of Global Affairs to support collaboration with international partners for education.
Sabrina has over 20 years’ experience of working in higher education and an extensive background in equality, diversity and inclusion. She also serves as a Staff Representative on the Staff Culture and Strategy Committee at King’s.