Business Support Administrator (Classics and History)
- Liaises with colleagues from IT, Facilities and Estates, Human Resources, Finance, and other academic departments to resolve issues with departmental resources.
- Supports the Business Support Manager and Heads of Departments in managing the annual teaching planning process, including updating the academic workload database.
- Assists with the recruitment, induction and training of new members of academic and professional services staff, acting as a point of reference for queries and advising them on College procedures and referring them to appropriate services and contacts (e.g. Security, Human Resources, IT Services).
- Assists with the content and production of departmental staff and Graduate Teaching Assistant handbooks in electronic formats.
- Supports the Business Support Manager with managing the departmental space (such as offices and student areas), including arrangements for refurbishments, repairs and satisfactory provision of equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for the purchase and recording of equipment, and supplies for local areas.
- Assists with the monitoring of budgets and expenditure
- Organizes departmental staff events
- Acts as a DSE assessor and fire evacuation marshal and maintains an awareness and observation of Health & Safety regulations.