Health & Safety Services
King's is committed to providing a safe, healthy and productive work and study environment.
Health and Safety Services are a team of health and safety professionals and specialists who provide expert advice on health and safety matters to the university.
Our purpose is to provide advice and assurance to the university with regards to the on-going development and implementation of its integrated health and safety management system which includes fire safety.
We support King's commitment to providing a healthy, safe and supportive environment that provides the education, research and service as outlined in Vision 2029.
Our main functions are:
- Health & Safety and Fire Safety Governance - to develop the university’s health, safety and welfare (including fire) policy, university management arrangements framework for health, safety and fire safety risk control.
- Primary liaison with health & safety, fire safety and radiation protection enforcing authorities and coordinating responses, as necessary.
- Proactive and reactive statutory reporting - regulatory submissions to applicable statutory authorities as necessary.
- Development of Occupational Health related processes - for health risk management (in collaboration with OH providers and internal stakeholders) and fitness to work/study requirements (e.g. PSRB programmes in line with HEOPS standards).
- Health & Safety and Fire Safety audit – responsibility for monitoring and providing assurance on the health and safety performance against the university’s risk management framework and strategic plan.
- Provide competent professional advice and support to the university in the areas of biological, chemical, fire, radiation protection and workplace health and safety.
- To facilitate the training of first aiders and advise on faculty/directorate first aid needs assessments.
- To manage the university’s occupational health contract and provide relevant information.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Health & Safety Services team