The purpose of The Corbett Centre is to develop and promote the understanding and analysis of maritime policy and strategy through the interaction of policy-makers, practitioners, academics, industry and commerce:
- To enhance the national and international visibility of maritime affairs
- To develop links among academics and academic departments, as well as policy-makers and other individuals and institutions with an interest in this subject area
- To foster policy-relevant research, both individual and collaborative projects
- To provide a forum for policy debate and analysis
- To support and develop research-driven education.
Its aim is to provide a focus for all interested parties, stimulate debate and disseminate the outcome through publications and public comment. The Corbett Centre draws on the expertise and wider networks of the Defence Studies Department of King’s College London, based at the Joint Services Command and Staff College at the Defence Academy of the UK.
The centre benefits from the expertise of Visiting Senior Research Fellow Rear Admiral Bruce Wililams CBE BSc CCMI and Associate Research Fellow Dr C. J. Jenner and collaboration with the Brazilian Naval War College.
To apply for Associate Status of the Corbett Centre, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:Full name (inc title), Position and Organisation, Academic Qualifications, Area of interest: Contemporary Maritime, Maritime History, British Naval, World Naval, Maritime Security, Naval Technology, Shipping, Insurance or other.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Intelligence and the Second World War
A Brécourt Academic conference held in conjunction with ICF 2020
16–18 June 2020, Mercyhurst University, Erie, PA
Please see attached.