The Corbett Centre for Maritime Policy Studies develops and promotes the understanding and analysis of maritime policy and strategy through the interaction of policymakers, practitioners, academics, industry and commerce.
The Corbett Centre draws on the expertise and wider networks of the Defence Studies Department, King’s College London, based at the Joint Services Command and Staff College at the Defence Academy of the UK. The centre benefits from the expertise of Visiting Senior Research Fellow, Rear Admiral Bruce Wililams CBE BSc CCMI, and Associate Research Fellow Dr C J Jenner, and collaboration with the Brazilian Naval War College.
It aims to:
- Enhance the national and international visibility of maritime affairs
- Develop links among academics and academic departments, as well as policy-makers and other individuals and institutions with an interest in this subject area
- Foster policy-relevant research, both individual and collaborative projects
- Provide a forum for policy debate and analysis
- Support and develop research-driven education
- Provide a focus for all interested parties, stimulate debate and disseminate the outcome through publications and public comment.
Please direct your enquiries to:
The Corbett Centre for Maritime Policy Studies
Defence Studies Department