Resonant scanning - The A1R+ confocal has a hybrid scan-head that incorporates Nikon's HD resonant scanner in addition to a galvonometer scanner. The resonant scanner is capable of high speed image capture at 15 frames per second at 1024x1024, 30 frames per second at 512 x 512 pixels and 420 frames per second at 512 x 32 pixels. They can be combined for simultaneous imaging and photobleaching or stimulation experiments.
GaAsP detectors - The A1R+ is equipped with two normal PMTs and two high-sensitivity GaAsP detectors (green and red channels) enabling visualisation of even very weak signals.
PFS - The A1R confocal is mounted on a Nikon Ti Eclipse microscope with Nikon's Perfect Focus System. This focal drift compensation mechanism allows users to maintain the desired focal plane for long-tem live cell imaging.
- Microscope: Eclipse Ti-E Inverted.
- Detectors: 2 x GaAsP Detectors, 2 x PMT, 1 x DIC PMT, 1 x 32 channel Spectral Detector.
- Objectives: 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x oil and 100x oil.
- Laser Wavelengths: 405nm, 445nm, 488nm, 514nm, 561nm, 640nm (all diodes).
- Environment: Solent Scientific chamber with temperature and CO2 control.
3rd Floor, Hodgkin Building Guys Campus King’s College London London, SE1 1UL