Students can easily keep up-to-date with important updates from the Centre for Doctoral Studies, as well as the latest news, events, and opportunities.
All PGR students receive a monthly Newsletter from the Centre for Doctoral Studies containing a host of stories and news items, including Researcher Spotlights, Careers updates, success stories, funding opportunities, events, and news from all over King’s.
Centre for Doctoral Studies Newsletter - Latest
Newsletter - Archive
For more frequent updates, students can read the Centre for Doctoral Studies blog. This is updated a number of times a week with events, opportunities, and other news stories.
Daily updates from the Centre for Doctoral Studies can be found on our social media pages. Follow us on Twitter @KCLDocStudies, where you will find the latest news from us as well as a window into life at King’s.
We want to hear from you
If you have a news item, event, or success story you want to contribute to our Newsletter, or if you wish to promote an event or opportunity on our blog or social media, please email our Communications Officer.
Before contacting us with requests for news items or promotion, please read carefully our content guidelines below for details on the type of articles we're looking for.
Content Submission Guidelines
All articles included in the newsletter will need to follow the guidelines below.
Please note that we are unable to publish articles of a commercial nature (goods/services for sale), research trial recruitment or KCLSU election campaign material. The Centre for Doctoral Studies may refuse to include any content we feel is not appropriate for the newsletter.
- The newsletter is for all research students and postdoctoral researchers across King's, so please bear in mind that articles should be of interest to as wide an audience as possible.
- Try to keep the language in your post simple and concise. Avoid jargon or subject-specific terms that might be difficult for a wider audience to understand.
- Where possible keep posts to below 300 words. For longer articles, or to provide full details of an event, please feel free to include links to other sites.
- Don’t forget to send us any images (that you have sought permission to use) to accompany the post and details of any social media profiles or tags you want to be included.
- The newsletter will be sent out on the final Friday of each month to feature items for the coming month (i.e. the November issue will be sent on the final Friday of October). Any requests for articles to be included must be submitted two weeks before the date of publication.
- Please ensure that information provided is accurate. Articles cannot be updated once the newsletter has been published so double check that all links, email addresses, deadlines or event details are correct before sending us the final draft.
- The Centre for Doctoral Studies will moderate all content submitted. We may ask you to edit an article or refuse to publish an item if we feel it is not appropriate to be included in the newsletter.
- If you’re planning an event that is only open to students within one Faculty perhaps consider another channel of communication? We may recommend that your article would be better suited for inclusion on the Centre for Doctoral Studies blog or our Twitter feed than the newsletter. All items sent via the newsletter will also be posted on the blog.
If you have any other questions about submitting an article for the newsletter please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.