Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Contemporary British History MA
Our course offers you the chance to study Contemporary British History and Politics at an advanced level in one of the top ranked History departments in Europe. You can choose from a wide range of options taught by experts in the field, covering British economic, social, cultural, political, military, imperial, and diplomatic history, as well as the history of British science, technology and medicine. Our course leads to careers in research, journalism, the civil service, politics, teaching and finance.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked in the top ten in Europe (QS World University Rankings 2023).
- King’s graduates enjoy one of the best employment rates and starting salaries in the UK. Ranked 6th in the UK for graduate employability (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022).
- The central London location offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- You will be taught by scholars who have shaped our understanding of contemporary British history who are active participants not only in historical research, but in writing for the press and appearing on television and radio
- Unique course ranging widely across contemporary history, historiography and research methods.
“Since graduating, I have worked in marketing and communications within the technology transfer industry, and private investment and wealth management services.”
Application closing date guidance
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.