Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Digital Economy MSc
The Digital Economy MSc is an interdisciplinary programme that critically analyses how digital technologies are changing the ways we work, produce, exchange, and collaborate. The programme aims to approach and analyse the big questions facing global society today. With a global focus on labour, markets, platforms, and institutions, you'll gain a big picture perspective on the transformations being brought about through digital technologies and you'll gain the tools needed to respond to the challenges facing our world.
- Learn from one of the only programmes that focuses on a critical perspective on the digital economy
- Discover the global impact of new technologies, including topics such as emerging digital divides, global labour markets, digital development and its discontents, and digital colonialism
- Gain a detailed understanding of how platforms and other digital technologies are influencing the culture industries.
- Discover how to critically evaluate the strength and value of innovative business models in the private and public sectors.
- Engage with a variety of optional modules that cover subjects including artificial intelligence, social media, digital assets, data journalism.
- Learn from a uniquely interdisciplinary curriculum that combines insights from areas including economics, sociology, anthropology, management.
- Join a Digital Humanities Department that’s the largest in the UK and a global leader in researching digital and culture.
Application closing date guidance
We encourage you to apply as early as possible so that there is sufficient time for your application to be assessed. We may need to request further information from you during the application process.
King's College London is committed to the recruitment of students with the greatest academic ability and to maintain a diverse student population. In order to ensure a balanced international student population for our most competitive programmes, we have implemented the following deadlines:
For applicants who are currently residing in mainland China, the first application deadline is 10 January 2024 (23:59 UK time).
· We highly encourage you to apply by this deadline due to high demand, but applications will continue to be reviewed thereafter until the final application deadline on 10 March 2024 (23:59 UK time).
· If you reside in mainland China and apply for this programme after the above final deadline, your application may be automatically withdrawn and you will not be eligible for an application fee refund.
Our first application deadline for all other applicants is on 10 March 2024 (23:59 UK time). The final application deadlines for this programme are:
· Overseas (international) fee status: 26 July 2024 (23:59 UK time)
· Home fee status: 26 August 2024 (23:59 UK time)
After the first application deadline, if the programme becomes full before the final deadlines stated above, we will close the programme to further applications.
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.