Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
This religion MA invites you to explore how religion shapes—and is shaped by—the contemporary world. You will develop your expertise with internationally leading scholars in a department with a rich tradition of excellence in the fields of textual, theological, philosophical and social scientific study. With just one required module besides the dissertation, this master’s in Religion gives you the chance to create your own study path by choosing from a broad range of optional religious studies and theology modules. This flexibility gives you the opportunity to develop broad expertise or to choose a specialism in a particular area, such as biblical studies, systematic theology, philosophy, or the social sciences (anthropology, sociology and politics).
- Study for a degree that uniquely integrates humanities and social sciences into the study of religions in their social and cultural contexts.
- Learn at a university ranked in the top ten for Theology, Divinity & Religious Studies in the UK (QS World Rankings by subject 2021).
- Taught by active academics who are world-leading experts in Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Buddhism, and a range of contemporary religious movements within and outside these religions.
- Visit a range of diverse and rich religious and cultural resources in London, including places of worship and collections at the British Museum and National Gallery, to enhance your learning.
- Reap the experience of a 180-year rich history of teaching Theology & Religious Studies at King’s.
- Benefit from a supportive and diverse community of students and academics.
Application closing date guidance
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.