The UK, EU & US Copyright Law MA is open to students who have completed the UK, EU & US Copyright Law Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) at merit level or above. Students on the MA course are required to write a dissertation under supervision.
The course is designed for practising lawyers, regulators and senior level copyright professionals in the entertainment, media, publishing, software and cultural industries.
Our course develops your knowledge of the key principles of copyright law in several jurisdictions. These key principles relate to the requirements for copyright protection, ownership of copyright, economic rights and moral rights, and infringement of copyright. UK copyright law is examined in depth and this is compared and contrasted with US copyright law, French and German authors’ rights law and EU copyright law.
This programme is generally studied by professionals alongside their full time work commitments.
If you receive an offer for this programme, you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Deposit payments are credited towards the total tuition fee payment.
The Home and International deposit is £1000.
- If you receive an offer before March, payment is due by 20 March.
- If you receive an offer between 1 March and 20 May, payment is due within one month of receiving the offer.
- If you receive an offer between 21 May and 15 July, payment is due within two weeks of receiving the offer.
- If you receive an offer between 16 July and 15 August, payment is due within one week of receiving the offer.
- If you receive an offer from 16 August onwards, payment is due within three days of receiving the offer.
If you are a current King’s student in receipt of the King's Living Bursary this academic year you are not required to pay a deposit to secure your place on the programme. Please note, this will not change the total fees payable for your chosen programme.
Please visit our web pages on fees and funding for more information.