Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Economics & Management BSc
UCAS code: LN12 Economics & Management; LN14 Economics & Management with a year in Industry.
Our Economics & Management BSc provides you with a broad-ranging course covering the fundamentals of these influential fields and offering an ideal platform for careers in business, finance, government and the third sector. You will learn how consumers, firms and governments make decisions that determine how resources are allocated, and about the effective use and coordination of labour. Our course also covers a broad range of management disciplines, allowing you to understand how businesses and organisations operate effectively. During the third year of the programme, you will have the opportunity to undertake a year in industry working in an organisation in the UK or overseas. Through a placement, students can develop personal and professional skills, gain practical experience, and apply theories, concepts and academic knowledge from their studies to real-world issues within a global business context. Whilst all students are responsible for securing their own placement and such opportunities can never be guaranteed, our dedicated Global Placements Team provides extensive placement support to guide students through the process.
- Genuinely integrated course which combines the main discipline of economics together with finance, psychology, accounting, law, marketing and human resource management.
- Ranked joint 1st in the UK for Graduate Outcomes (Business & Management Studies, The Complete University Guide 2024).
- Research-led curriculum encourages debates on a wide range of contemporary economics and management issues.
- Central location offers you close links to the business and policy worlds in London.
- Now available with an optional placement year – gain valuable work experience in your third year to enhance your career prospects when you graduate.
- Develop key employability skills, explore professional interests and combine practical experience with academic learning through the year in industry.
- This course provides you with a solid background for postgraduate study in economics, finance, management and other related disciplines.
“Given my interest in research, I chose King’s because of its global reputation as one of the best research universities in the world. The extreme support and flexibility provided have been really helpful and I have now come a long way since I first started at King’s, not just in academic terms but also in terms of overall and personality growth.”
Professor Paul Guest on his research and the case for reporting the ethnicity pay gap
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.