Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
History & Political Economy BA/BSc
UCAS code: LV22
Study history and political economy from the fall of Rome right up to the present day. You’ll cover the evolution of the world economy as well as the history of Western political ideas from Plato to the present. Develop research skills and gain knowledge of different methodological approaches (quantitative and qualitative) used in the fields of History, Political Science and Economics. Develop a deep understanding of history and its impact on today’s world to equip you for a range of careers. Depending on the modules you choose, you can graduate with either a BA or a BSc degree.
- Study history and political economy in a truly global way, with support from experts in virtually all parts of the world
- Incorporate historical analysis into your consideration of current political and economic events, giving you the tools to better understand challenges in today’s globalised world.
- Develop skills for a career where you can apply your historically-grounded understanding of political and economic issues to the real world in roles where you can make a difference (e.g. civil service, think tanks, finance, consultancy, law, government, business, and policy).
- This is a cutting-edge programme, jointly offered by the Departments of Political Economy and History, each ranking 5th in Europe in the QS World University Rankings by Subject (2019). It draws on the best of both departments, as well as on specialist expertise in the Department of European and International Studies and the Russia Institute.
- Our location in the heart of London offers unrivalled access to the museums, libraries, historical sites, archives and cultural resources of the capital
- Excellent employment prospects. King’s is ranked 6th in the UK for graduate employability (Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking 2022).
- Students have the option to study abroad at one of our partner institutions for the second semester of the second year. Current options include the University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore, and Georgetown University
“What I enjoy most about my course is the worldly breadth of information and exposure we receive as King's students. Not only does our education span across any thinkable geographical region, but we are gifted with an immersive international staff and student body- all concentrated in the heart of London.”
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.