Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Political Economy BA/BSc
UCAS code: L200
Our Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Political Economy is a high- quality, interdisciplinary course that will equip you with the skills and knowledge to understand, analyse and contribute to the political and economic institutions of the 21st century, both in the UK and globally. Depending on the modules you choose, you can graduate with either a BA or a BSc degree.
- Academic study of advanced, cutting-edge economics and political science concepts and methods.
- With over 150 members, the Department of Political Economy is one of the largest multi-disciplinary concentration of scholars with a focus in the field of political economy.
- Key research and teaching areas of the department include subjects and topics from economics, political science, public policy, and political theory.
- Your learning will be supported by an internationally recognised team of experts and leaders in their fields.
- The degree features a wide range of required and optional modules covering theory and empirics in the field of political economy and will develop your qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- You can choose to take a number of optional modules offered through our other Programmes (e.g., Politics BA/BSc, PPE), in addition to those offered as part of the main Political Economy degree course.
- We rank 4th in the UK for Politics (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023).
“I like how I can tailor my course to what I am interested in - I focus primarily on the EU, foreign policy, and Russia and Eastern Europe.”
The introduction of robots into the workplace has had a “sizeable” negative impact on the gender pay gap in Europe, a new paper...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.