Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
UCAS code: B210
Our Pharmacology BSc will give you a sound understanding of the biological action of drugs and chemicals, the way they work at the molecular, cellular and systemic levels and their use in medicines to treat disease. This course is an ideal foundation for careers in the pharmaceutical industry, biomedical research or graduate entry into medicine and equips students with transferable skills relevant for work in many other sectors. The course also features options to study abroad or extend to a four year MSci. Studying a Biomedical Science degree with us means that you will be able to enjoy the flexibility to choose your degree after your first year with our Common Year One curriculum. All Biomedical Science disciplines are covered in the first year, making the decision for your future an informed one. You will be able to choose from the following Biomedical science degrees; Anatomy, Developmental & Human Biology BSc, Biochemistry BSc, Biomedical Science BSc, Medical Physiology BSc, Molecular Genetics BSc, Neuroscience BSc, and Pharmacology BSc.
- King's is ranked Top 10 in Europe for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022)
- 92% overall student satisfaction for Pharmacology BSc at King's (National Student Survey 2022)
- Teaching by internationally renowned scientists and researchers
- Close links with pharmaceutical companies
- One of Europe’s largest centre for medical and professional healthcare education
- One of the UK’s best graduate employment rates
- Flexible options to tailor your degree through overseas study, or switching to a four-year MSci with an extended research experience
“The flexibility of the Common Year One structure allowed me to study further into aspects of bioscience that correlate with the discipline of pharmacology whilst still maintaining a strong pharmacology focus. ”
A postdoctoral researcher in the School of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine & Sciences has been presented with the Cardiac...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.