Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Physics with Astrophysics and Cosmology BSc
UCAS code: FF35
Our Physics with Astrophysics and Cosmology BSc course will give you an understanding of fundamental aspects of physics, astrophysics and cosmology covering areas such as special and general relativity, quantum mechanics, fields and waves, the physics of planets, stars, galaxies and the universe. Approximately one quarter of the course is astrophysics and cosmology related. You’ll carry out extensive astrophysics or cosmology related project work in your third year to gain an insight into the skills and conduct of scientific research. You’ll be taught by internationally renowned academics with links to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN and the LIGO gravitational wave observatory.
- Top 10 in the UK for Physics (QS World Rankings by subject 2023)
- Award winning: six former staff and students in the Physics department are Nobel Prize winners.
- Study the skies with our own rooftop observatory and telescope.
- Internationally renowned academic staff in the fields of particle physics and cosmology, nanotechnology and the interface between physics and biology.
- Central location gives you easy access to major libraries and many leading societies, including the Institute of Physics.
- Study in a diverse student cohort: King’s is one of the leading Russell Group universities by proportion of female undergraduates on its Physics courses (HESA 2019/20).
- 90% of our research was classed as world leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
“The lecturers are incredibly passionate and friendly people. They really care and it makes learning from them enjoyable as you can feed off their passion.”
Starting in September 2024, the undergraduate degree aims to empower students to solve major societal challenges at the...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.