Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
UCAS code: F300
Our Physics BSc course will give you an understanding of the fundamental aspects of physics covering areas such as relativity, quantum mechanics, fields and waves, electromagnetism and nuclear physics. You will carry out extensive project work in your third year to gain an insight into the skills and behaviours of scientific research. You also have the opportunity to transfer to the Study Abroad pathway and spend your third year at a partner institution before returning to King’s for the final year. This depends on you reaching a certain grade average and being accepted by a partner university.
- Top 10 in the UK for Physics (QS World Rankings by subject 2022)
- Join an award-winning department: six former staff and students won Nobel Prizes.
- Study the skies using King’s own rooftop observatory and telescope.
- Central location gives you easy access to major libraries and many leading societies, including the Institute of Physics
- Internationally-renowned academic staff in the fields of cosmology, nanotechnology and the interface between physics and biology.
- Study in a diverse student cohort: King’s is one of the leading Russell Group universities by proportion of female undergraduates on its Physics courses (HESA 2019/20).
- 90 per cent of our research was classed as world- leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework
“The lecturers are incredibly passionate and friendly people. They really care and it makes learning from them enjoyable as you can feed off their passion.”
Starting in September 2024, the undergraduate degree aims to empower students to solve major societal challenges at the...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.