Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Physics with Biophysics BSc
UCAS code: FC37
Biophysics is an interdisciplinary field that has led to some of the most significant developments in modern science. Our Physics with Biophysics BSc course will give you an understanding of fundamental aspects of physics and biophysics. You will study traditional Physics topics such as quantum mechanics, fields and waves and electromagnetism, while also learning about the physics of life. Approximately one quarter of the course is biophysics related – specifically, the application of physics, mathematics and computing to understand the workings of living systems. You’ll carry out extensive biophysics related project work in your third year to gain an insight into the skills and conduct of scientific research.
- Award winning: six former staff and students in the Physics department are Nobel Prize winners.
- Top 10 in the UK for Physics (QS World Rankings by subject 2023)
- Internationally-renowned academic staff in the fields of biophysics, soft matter, nanotechnology and cosmology.
- Central location gives you easy access to major libraries and many leading societies, including the Institute of Physics.
- Study in a diverse student cohort: King’s is one of the leading Russell Group universities by proportion of female undergraduates on its Physics courses (HESA 2019/20).
- 90% of our research was classed as world leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
- Friendly and supportive learning environment.
“The lecturers are incredibly passionate and friendly people. They really care and it makes learning from them enjoyable as you can feed off their passion.”
Starting in September 2024, the undergraduate degree aims to empower students to solve major societal challenges at the...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.