Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
War Studies & History BA
UCAS code: LV91
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in War Studies & History offers a flexible way to study war, conflict and their histories from an incomparably broad perspective. Led by the Department of War Studies, the BA is enriched by the breadth and knowledge of the UK’s most global History departments. Many War Studies and History students find that the combination of war studies and history allows them to develop a deeper, more complex understanding of conflict and international relations, which provides a superb basis for a range of career choices. You will approach the subjects from a variety of unique angles including politics, international relations, sociology and strategic studies. Thanks to the range of subjects on offer, you can choose a diverse variety of modules to create an exciting programme of study. The course will enable you to develop the ability to handle a broad range of evidence, analyse complex issues and present arguments in a clear, concise and effective manner, both orally and in writing.
- King’s is amongst the world’s leading universities for the study of war, conflict and their histories, with close relations between the two departments teaching the course. We rank 2nd in the UK for International Relations (The Guardian University Guide per Subject 2023).
- Teaching is by leading international experts who work in close collaboration with governments, armed forces and NGOs across the world.
- Frequent guest lectures throughout the year by high-profile international speakers, including former diplomats, military leaders and government ministers.
- Located in the heart of London, giving unparalleled access to government, the media, museums and major libraries and research institutes.
- We offer a dedicated focus on employability skills, assisting you to pursue careers in defence, foreign affairs, humanitarian aid, risk analysis, journalism and banking.
- Outstanding flexibility, allowing you to focus on your fundamental interests of war and conflicts in addition to covering key historical events from medieval Europe to modern India.
- Our alumni have gone on to work for the UK government, the United Nations, the EU, NATO, for consultancy firms and Charities such as Oxfam.
“By combining War Studies and History, my course has pushed me to think outside of the box. Overall, King’s College London has offered me more than an academic programme; it has given me the opportunity to thrive.”
Researchers and academics in our Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy are using their expertise to inform discussion and...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.