Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
War Studies BA
UCAS code: L252
Our Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in War Studies is a long- established course of study that focuses on the global human challenges of war and conflict. In this three-year undergraduate course, you will approach the study of war and conflict from a variety of distinctive angles including history, politics, international relations, philosophy, sociology, diplomacy, and strategic studies, preparing you for a wide range of career choices. You will develop the ability to handle a broad range of evidence, analyse complex, challenging, and important issues, and present arguments in a clear, concise and effective manner, both orally and in writing.
- King’s is amongst the world’s leading universities for the study of war and conflict. We rank 7th in the UK for Social Sciences (Times Higher Education University World Rankings 2023 per subject).
- Teaching by leading international experts who work in close collaboration with governments, armed forces, and NGOs across the world.
- Outstanding flexibility, allowing you to focus on your fundamental interests of war and conflicts.
- Frequent guest lectures throughout the year by high-profile international speakers.
- Intellectually and physically located close to government; our campus is just ten minutes' walk from Whitehall in the heart of London amongst the media, museums, and major libraries and research institutes of the capital.
- The department has established relationships and links with major London institutions such as Chatham House, the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), Janes Defence, Visiongain, and consultancy group AKE International.
- We offer a dedicated focus on employability skills, supporting you pursue careers in defence, foreign affairs, humanitarian aid, risk analysis, journalism, and banking. Our graduates have gone on to work for the UK government, the United Nations, the EU, NATO, for consultancy firms and charities such as Oxfam.
“War Studies gave me access to an interdisciplinary curriculum and a vibrant academic environment. In many ways, my experience surpassed my expectations – the sheer breadth of research within the department is hardly comparable and was made accessible to students through not only teaching but discussion groups, events and conferences”
Researchers and academics in our Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy are using their expertise to inform discussion and...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.