Find Franklin-Wilkins Library
Once you find the building the library entrance is on the first floor.
In order to gain access, you will need your King’s ID card.
You will then find the Information Point straight ahead as you enter.
Staff can be recognised by their purple lanyards or t-shirts.
The collection at the Franklin-Wilkins Library supports the teaching and research needs of nursing & midwifery students and is home to extensive management, bioscience and education holdings. As law students have many lectures at the Franklin-Wilkins building we also provide a small collection of law books.
- Forensic science
- Law (LLB year 1 texts only)
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Nursing & Midwifery
The Franklin-Wilkins Library is open 24/7, details can be found on the library opening hours page.
Important to know:
- You just need your King’s ID card to enter the libraries.
- All library areas are quiet zones except for designated silent and discuss zones.
- Food policy: cold food can be eaten in quiet and discuss zones (except for disruptive foods e.g. has a strong odour or noisy). Hot food is not permitted in any zone.
- Lidded drinks are welcome in all zones.
- Face covering are recommended to be worn in the libraries, unless you are exempt.
Library floor plans have been created to assist you find resources, services and facilities.
Spread across two floors, the library hosts a variety of study spaces, including Group Study rooms, Computer Rooms, Postgraduate Zones, Assistive Technology rooms, a Wellbeing corner and Skype Pod.
There are three different Zones in the library which are colour-coded on the Floor Plans. Choose a zone that suits your study needs and be repectful of others studying around you.
If you have general student queries, you can contact Student Services Online.
Alternatively, if you have any general IT queries (such as about printing, account support and accessing IT Services), pay a visit to the TechBar, next to the short loan area.
Part of the Waterloo Campus
Franklin-Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NH