The Directorate of Estates & Facilities is responsible for efficient and effective acquisition, disposal, management and operation of the university’s infrastructure assets and the environment within which the university’s students, staff and researchers operate.
Nick O'Donnell: Director of Estates & Facilities
Nick is a qualified Chartered Surveyor and Chartered Engineer with a Masters in Corporate Real Estate.
Estates & Facilities is accountable for a wide range of services and support across the physical environment including sports, residences, campus operations and development projects.
Nick, who was educated in Ireland and England, has experience at blue chip corporations including the Financial Times, BBC, Microsoft, HSBC and Seagram providing leadership in a wide range of sectors and regions. He has experience across real estate, design, construction and building service strategies, including international site selection, lease negotiations and transactions management. He has a record of delivering multiple large and complex corporate real estate projects, with the ability to manage rapid change while balancing local and corporate needs.
Nick, a father of one, is a keen sailor and circumnavigated the globe in 2008-9.
For more information, please see Nick's Linkedin profile.
Our main areas of operation are:
- Campus Operations: ensuring that all campus buildings and services meet the needs of staff, students and visitors.
- Infrastructure, Assurance, Contracts & Performance: working closely with our partners for security, cleaning and associated services and PFI partners for two of our buildings, delivering major planned and critical reactive maintenance and the long-term planning and implementation of the university’s capital investment, asset improvement and project delivery.
- Sustainability: managing energy, waste, and promoting better use of our resources to minimise the effect on the environment.
- King's Residences: a portfolio of 11 residences, located in zones 1 & 2, with a total of 5,297 bed spaces available for postgraduate and undergraduate students.
- King’s Venues & King’s Food: Providing retail and hospitality services through King's Food and conference and summer lettings. They also manage internal and commercial events held in the university space and summer residential lettings.
- King's Sport: providing staff and students with three gyms located at London Bridge, Waterloo and Strand. King’s Sport delivers a range of opportunities for students to get involved in sport and physical activity, with an ambition to be the most active university in London. We also have three sportsgrounds: New Malden, Honor Oak Park and The Griffin.
Personal Assistant: Alison Hobbs: email@example.com 0207 848 6913
Visit our internal site for information about the services we provide at King's for students and staff and how you can make the most of them in order to maximise our facilities and the King's buildings and estate.
If you would like to request a service or report a maintenance issue, please email our Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7848 3456.