Primary role of the Procurement Strategy & Services Office
Procurement Strategy & Services is part of the Professional Services Directorate established to help the university deliver best value from its spending.
The primary role of the team is to work with university stakeholders to ensure the achievement of these key goals:
- Delivery of value for money from third party spend;
- Delivery of projects and contracts to time, quality and cost, realising benefits and minimizing risk;
- Providing a professional source of reference to all university staff on best procurement practice;
- Reducing university administrative costs through continuous streamlining of the procurement process;
- Providing policy standards and guidance on best practice in procurement, and assisting Schools’ and Departments' in delivering against these standards;
- Promoting and fostering collaborative procurement across the HE sector to deliver better value for money and better services; and provide innovative ways to develop the university commercial and procurement capability;
- Driving forward the improvement of College capability in procurement project management through the development of people skills, processes and tools.
- Information on preferred suppliers, are posted on the Procurement Strategy & Services website for staff only.