Research Information Systems Team
The team is responsible for the following main areas:
Mark Cox, Head of Research Information Systems Team
- Ongoing management of existing research information systems; supporting the development of new systems and their implementation; enhancing existing systems.
- Acting as the expert user and system administrator for the existing research systems. This includes the provision of training and support for system users.
- Developing and enhancing business processes to improve the efficiency of data entry and to ensure the consistency, completeness and accuracy of all research-relevant data.
- Provision of relevant management information to assist academic and professional services staff in evaluating the university's research, and the nature of the overall research portfolio.
- Ensuring that processes and systems are kept up to date and capable of supporting any ad hoc or regular external data collection exercises.
David McCallum, Inteum & Worktribe Support
Mark is head of the Research Information Systems team, and leads on the business development of systems and processes to provide accurate and up-to-date data to inform all staff involved with research management. He is also involved in a number of groups, both nationally and internationally, which look at the strategic development of research information and systems, and was heavily involved in the university submission to both RAE 2008 and REF 2014.
Mark joined King's in 1998 and worked in IT on research systems for a number of years, before joining RMID in 2013.
Mike Salmon, AMM Support
David provides support for two systems, Inteum and Worktribe. Inteum is the University's database for Intellectual Property, Consultancy, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and Enabling Agreements.Worktribe is the University's costing tool. David joined King's in January 2013. Before that, he worked as the IP Officer at the University of Surrey, where he helped to manage the University's Intellectual Property.
Bill Steel, SITS & Research Degree Support
Mike is the system administrator for the Award Management Module (AMM) on PURE. Before joining the Research Information System Team in October 2013 he worked in the directorate of Students and Education.
Jo White, PURE Support
Bill provide support for the research component of the SITS student database and research degree business processes. Bill joined King's in 2004 and worked in the Student Data Analysis department until 2008. Since then he has working on system development and support for research degree students at King's.
Jo supports the PURE system, providing user support and training and working on enhancement and development projects. Jo joined King's in 2000, working first in the School of Arts & Humanities and then in the School of Social Science of Public Policy.