***As things stand, the Chaplaincy is working remotely, but is available via email. Chaplaincies, Chapels and Prayer Rooms are closed and all on-site services and events are suspended until further notice - however, the Chaplaincy is still active and you can find out more about what the Chaplaincy is doing during lockdown here. You can find information relating to Ramadan and Shavuot here. Please note the current advice from King's re Coronavirus***
Wednesday afternoons at King's are traditionally a time to relax and be refreshed, when there should not be any lectures or seminars scheduled. Many people spend this time playing sport, participating in societies or relaxing with friends (or just sleeping!).
The Chaplaincy Offers something for you to engage in each Wednesday during term time. Time to explore, to think and to be restored...
Vocations Groups are for anyone exploring the possibility of Christian ministry, lay or ordained.
There will be no events during Reading Week (w/c 28 October 2019 and 17 February 2020).
Events are either held at 14.45 in the Chaplaincy at K2.34, Strand Building, or as specified.
Contact the Chaplaincy to express an interest, or to find out more!
Wednesdays in 2019
- October 2: Discussion - Leaving Home
- October 9: Vocations Group
- October 16: Discussion - Alcohol
- October 23: Westminster Abbey Tour - meet at Strand Chaplaincy at 14.15
- October 30: Reading week – no event
- November 6: Vocations Group
- November 13: St Pauls Cathedral Tour - meet at Strand Chaplaincy at 14.15
- November 20: Discussion - Gender / Identity
- November 27: Vocations Group
- December 4: no event due to Advent Carols services
- December 11: Discussion - Mental Health
Wednesdays in 2020
- January 15: Tour of Southwark Cathedral - meet at Guy's Chaplaincy at 15.00
- January 22: Vocations Group
- January 29: East London Mosque visit - meet at Strand Chaplaincy at 14.20
- February 5: Wesley’s Chapel Visit - meet at Strand Chaplaincy at 14.45
- February 12: Vocations Group
- February 19: Reading Week – no event
- February 26: Ash Wednesday - no event
- March 4: New London Synagogue Visit - meet at Strand Chaplaincy at 14.45
- March 11: no event
- March 18: no event
- March 25: no event