***As things stand, the Dean's Office & Chaplaincy team are working remotely and are available via email.
- Chaplaincies are open for pre-arranged 1:1 appointments with a Chaplain only
- The College Chapel is open to King's staff and students only for private prayer
- The Chapel of Thomas Guy is open for private prayer
- Quiet Rooms remain closed until further notice
- Muslim Prayer Rooms remain closed but are being readied for King’s staff and students to access for private prayer soon
Please note the current advice from King's re Coronavirus***
The Chaplaincy offers something for you to engage in each Wednesday afternoon during term time. Time to explore, to think and to be refreshed...
There are no events during Reading Weeks.
Contact the Chaplaincy to express an interest, or to find out more!
Wednesdays in 2020-21
A SPIRITUAL INTERVENTION
BOOK CLUB - Brit(ish): On Race, Identity and Belonging by Afua Hirsch
13.15-13.30 (Harrie will stay on for questions), starting on Wednesday 14 October and breaking for Reading Week
Join our Jewish Chaplain Dr Harrie Cedar for a look at each week’s Torah portion in English and find meaning and relevance in it for our lives, health and happiness!
All are welcome – those with a faith and no faith.
First session: Wednesday 14 October 2020 - Genesis 1:1-6:8
Second session: Wednesday 21 October 2020 - Noach.
Is this just some fairy story for silly adults about arks and animals and floods and rainbows or is there something more we are being told here?
To access the texts online: Mechon-Mmre
Email the Chaplaincy for the link to the session.
- 7 Oct - Introduction - 'Identity Lessons'
- 14 Oct - Chapter 1 - 'Where are you from?'
- 21 Oct - Chapter 2 - 'Origins'
- 28 Oct - Chapter 3 - 'Bodies'
- 4 Nov - READING WEEK, no book club
- 11 Nov - Chapter 4 - 'Heritage'
- 18 Nov - Chapter 5 - 'Places'
- 25 Nov - Chapter 6 - 'Class'
- 2 Dec - Chapter 7 - 'The New Black'
- 9 Dec - Chapter 8 - 'The Door of No Return'
Get your hands on a copy of the book, start reading and join us! If you are unable to get hold of a copy, let us know.
16.00 (1 hour)
Wednesday 23 September
Wednesday 21 October
Exploring the theme of Hope by reading from and reflecting on sacred texts from the Islamic, Christian and Jewish faiths. No previous knowledge necessary, all are welcome.
- Email the Chaplaincy to be sent a link to join the session
UNLOCKING THE MYSTERIES OF THE BIBLE
Starts Wednesday 7 October
Are you interested in joining a “school of prayer”? Are you seeking to grow in loving union with Jesus? If so, the Rosary group is for you! Each week we will pray the Rosary together, meditating on the mysteries of Christ’s life aided by the prayers and example of His Blessed Mother Mary.
The group meets on Microsoft Teams and is led by our Catholic Chaplains Fr Toby and Laurence. To sign-up, please email Laurence.
Do not worry if you have never prayed the Rosary before or have forgotten how to do so-the purpose of a school is to help you to learn.
Please note, this group is open to current KCL members only.
8 week course - starts Wednesday 14 October
This online Bible study course provides an excellent introduction and overview of Scripture from a Catholic perspective. Salvation history is covered briefly from Genesis through to the Resurrection of Christ and the establishment of the Church, giving participants the “big picture” of the Bible. This course is perfect for those who are new to Bible study.
Sessions will be led by Laurence, our Catholic Chaplain at the Guy's Campus. For more information or to sign up for the introductory session taking place on Wed 14th October at 6pm, please email Laurence.
Please note this course is for current students only and places are limited.
Watch this space for any events scheduled for the Spring and Summer terms of 2021!