Show/hide main menu

Programme and Module Approval and Modification

Research programme approval and modification

Student in Laboratory

The following outlines the procesess for new research degrees (please note that new research degrees are not processed via OPAMA).


Approval for postgraduate research degrees

New Research Degree Programme

To propose new research degree programmes, the standard Proposal for a New Research Programme form must be completed.


This must be approved by the faculty and referred to the Centre for Doctoral Studies for consideration by the Postgraduate Research Students Subcommittee (PRSS).


Further information can be found here

Approval for modifications for postgraduate research degrees

In cases where a modification is sought to an existing programme, such as:

  • Change of research degree title
  • Change of research degree code
  • Change to period of study
  • Deletion or suspension
  • Reinstatement, etc.

the Research Degree Modification form must be completed and approved by the faculty Vice Dean for Doctoral Studies, then submitted to the Centre for Doctoral Studies.


In cases where the request is to suspend or close a programme, additional steps must be taken as noted in the policy on programme closure and suspension.

For any queries, please contact the Centre for Doctoral Studies at









Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2023 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454