Please note that this event has passed.
Join us and the High Commission of Canada to the UK in the week of International Women’s Day, as Julia Gillard welcomes panellists on the front lines of local, regional and national climate responses to reflect on why women’s leadership is essential for effective climate action.
With introductions from Canadian High Commissioner Ralph Goodale, panellists will discuss the key levers that can be used to proactively promote women’s leadership in all aspects of climate action.
- The Rt Hon Anne-Marie Trevelyan MP, UK International Champion on Adaptation and Resilience for the COP26 Presidency and Secretary of State for International Trade
- The Hon Steven Guilbeault MP, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Canada
- H.E. Therese Rath, High Commissioner of Belize to the UK
- Esnath Divasoni, Sustainable Agriculture Expert, Campaign for Female Education (CAMFED), Zimbabwe
- Jilda Shem, Manager, Malampa Skills Centre, Ministry of Education and Training, Vanuatu
- Julia Gillard, Former Prime Minister of Australia and Chair of the Global Institute for Women's Leadership (chair)
Search for another event