Started at King’s College London in September 2015. Initially, my role was as a Clinical Trial Coordinator, managing multi-site mixed methods clinical trials (CTIMP + non-CTIMP) for dementia, Parkinson’s, and military veteran mental health. However, this soon expanded to include coordinating more observational and longitudinal studies of ageing and dementia.
In the last few years, as Research Portfolio Lead, the primary remit of my role has been to seek and solidify innovative collaborations with academic and commercial partners alike; facilitating these relationships by drafting and submitting joint grant applications. In particular, I have specific interests, and relative expertise, in psychopharmacology, artificial intelligence/data science and open science applied to healthy ageing and dementia research.
In addition, I also have duties under the following roles:
- Ageing Research at King’s (ARK) Project Manager – lead on cross-faculty initiatives to develop multidisciplinary projects for healthy ageing (from social/economic policy to health & social sciences), currently focused on cannabinoid psychopharmacology & artificial intelligence.
- IoPPN Research & Innovation Committee member – collaborate with other faculty members on cross-department initiatives, particularly within the innovation sub-group, to facilitate collaboration, translational impact & open science between IoPPN departments.
In October 2019, I will be starting a PhD at the IoPPN investigating the utility of medical cannabis for the treatment of behavioural and psychological symptoms in dementia. I currently hold an MSc Psychological Research Methods with advanced statistics from the University of Exeter; and a BSc (Hons) Psychology from the University of Bath.
- Healthy ageing and Dementia
- Clinical trials; particularly innovation in methodology & practice.
- Artificial Intelligence & data science
- Open Science, reproducibility & implementation science to maximise translational impact.
Griffiths, A. W., Albertyn, C. P., Burnley, N. L., Creese, B., Walwyn, R., Holloway, I., Safarikova, J. & Surr, C. A., 2 Jul 2019, In : International Psychogeriatrics. p. 1 Research output: Contribution to journal - Comment/debate. DOIs: https://doi.org/10.1017/S104161021900053X
Griffiths, A. W., Albertyn, C. P., Burnley, N. L., Creese, B., Walwyn, R., Holloway, I., Safarikova, J. & Surr, C. A., 10 Apr 2019, In : International Psychogeriatrics. p. 1-11 11 p. Research output: Contribution to journal - Article. DOIs: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610219000279https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610219000279
Creese, B., Albertyn, C., Dworkin, S., Thomas, R. S., Wan, Y. M. & Ballard, C., 23 Jul 2018, In : Journal Of Neuropsychology. 13 p. Research output: Contribution to journal - Article. DOIs: https://doi.org/10.1111/jnp.12169