Dr Tayebeh Mousavi
Lecturer in Engineering
Dr Tayebeh Mousavi is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Engineering in the Department of Engineering, King’s College London.
Tayebeh’s work focuses on the manufacturing and characterization of advanced materials, primarily focused on superconducting materials. Her research aims to understand the correlation between processing, microstructure and properties of advanced materials to address industrial challenges towards better performance of materials in engineering applications. Tayebeh received the PhD degree from the University of Oxford, UK, in 2015, funded by Clarendon Scholarship. Before joining King’s College London as a lecturer in 2022, she was a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Materials at the University of Oxford. She completed her undergraduate studies in Materials Engineering at the Iran University of Science and Technology (B.Sc. degree) and Isfahan University of Technology (M.Sc. degree).
Her work has been recognised by a number of awards and prizes, including Highlight of the Superconductor Science and Technology journal in 2015 and 2017, Best Contributed Paper in Applied Superconductivity Conference (ASC 2014), Literature Review Prize (the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3), UK, 2012), Most Distinguished Engineering Student in Iran in 2007, and the Most Innovative Woman Award in Iran in 2008.
- Synthesis and manufacturing of advanced materials
- Correlation between microstructure, properties and applications of materials
- Superconducting materials (from manufacturing to applications)
- Development of superconducting joints and high-field magnets
- The effect of facet lines on critical current density and trapped field in bulk RE–Ba–Cu–O single grains
Y Shi, T Mousavi, AR Dennis, MD Ainslie, SC Speller, CRH Grovenor, ...
Superconductor Science and Technology 35 (10), 105002, 2022
- Understanding irradiation damage in high-temperature superconductors for fusion reactors using high resolution X-ray absorption spectroscopy
RJ Nicholls, S Diaz-Moreno, W Iliffe, Y Linden, T Mousavi, M Aramini, ...
Communications Materials 3 (1), 1-14, 2022
- A new MgB2 bulk ring fabrication technique for use in magnetic shielding or bench-top NMR systems
D Moseley, D Wilkinson, T Mousavi, AR Dennis, SC Speller, JH Durrell
Superconductor Science and Technology 35 085003, 2022
- Improving the connectivity of MgB2 bulk superconductors by a novel liquid phase sintering process
GAB Matthews, T Mousavi, S Santra, CRM Grovenor, PS Grant, S Speller
Superconductor Science and Technology 35 (6), 065005, 2022
- Comparison of the Microstructure and Superconducting Properties of Eu–Ba–Cu–O and Gd–Ba–Cu–O Single Grain Samples
T Mousavi, Y Shi, J Durrell, C Grovenor, S Speller
IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity 32 (4), 1-4, 2022
- Development of sputtered nitrogen-doped Li1+ xAlxGe2-x (PO4) 3 thin films for solid state batteries
T Mousavi, I Slattery, B Jagger, J Liu, S Speller, C Grovenor
Solid State Ionics 364, 115613, 2021
- Superconducting joint structures for Bi-2212 wires using a powder-in-tube technique
T Mousavi, S Santra, Z Melhem, S Speller, C Grovenor
IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity 31 (5), 1-4, 2021
- New nanoscale artificial pinning centres for NbTi superconductors
T Mousavi, PS Grant, SC Speller, C Grovenor
Materials & Design 198, 109285, 2021
- Fabrication of Li1+ xAlxGe2-x (PO4) 3 thin films by sputtering for solid electrolytes
T Mousavi, X Chen, C Doerrer, B Jagger, SC Speller, CRM Grovenor
Solid State Ionics 354, 115397, 2020
- Fabrication and characterization of nanostructured immiscible Cu–Ta alloys processed by high-pressure torsion
T Mousavi, J Dai, P Bazarnik, PHR Pereira, Y Huang, M Lewandowska, ...
Journal of Alloys and Compounds 832, 155007, 2020
- Development of superconducting soldered joints between Bi-2212/Ag wires
T Mousavi, T Davies, Z Melhem, CRM Grovenor, SC Speller
IEEE Transactions on Applied superconductivity 28 (4), 2018
- Magnetic imaging of antiferromagnetic and superconducting phases in crystals
J Hazi, T Mousavi, P Dudin, G van der Laan, F Maccherozzi, ...
Physical Review B 97 (5), 054509, 2018
- Microstructure and properties of a CoCrFeNiMn high-entropy alloy processed by equal-channel angular pressing
H Shahmir, T Mousavi, J He, Z Lu, M Kawasaki, TG Langdon
Materials Science and Engineering: A 705, 411-419, 2017
- A new approach to fabricate superconducting NbTi alloys
T Mousavi, Z Hong, A Morrison, A London, PS Grant, C Grovenor, ...
Superconductor Science and Technology 30 (9), 094001, 2017
- Harnessing the cancer radiation therapy by lanthanide-doped zinc oxide based theranostic nanoparticles
B Ghaemi, O Mashinchian, T Mousavi, R Karimi, S Kharrazi, A Amani
ACS applied materials & interfaces 8 (5), 3123-3134, 2016
- Novel superconducting joints for persistent mode magnet applications
T Mousavi, W Darby, C Aksoy, T Davies, G Brittles, C Grovenor, S Speller
MRS Advances 1 (51), 3483-3488, 2016