Ground-level analysis and action, enhancing language repertoires.
The Hub for Education and Language Diversity (HELD) is a collaboration between academic, professional and third sector organisations.
It is guided by a commitment to three fundamental ideas:
- Shared language is vital to social life, but linguistic diversity is also central. Both can be enhanced by education, enriching both the individual and society.
- Local conditions and participant perspectives really matter.
- Theories and research can be powerful tools, helping people to think differently.
Areas of interest
We pursue these ideas through the following areas.
In-service teacher education
Curriculum and assessment materials development
Projects with arts organisations and the cultural sector
Masters and doctoral training
- Diasporic Adult Language Socialisation (Leverhulme)
- Politicisation of identities in diaspora (CFPR)
Academic and professional publications