Portuguese Level 1 for Speakers of Romance Languages, Part 3
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 25 April 2024 To: 27 June 2024
By studying Portuguese for Speakers of Romance Languages Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Portuguese-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- The body, ailments and remedies
- Travelling / holidays
- Telephone conversations
- Sports, hobbies and pastimes
- The Lusophone countries (the culture and the people)
Functions may typically include:
- Answering the telephone
- Asking a friend out
- Asking and talking about health / describing aches and pains
- Offering, accepting and refusing offers
- Making suggestions
- Asking for and expressing opinions
- Portuguese via Spanish Level 1 Page 4
Grammar may typically include:
- Revision of all grammatical structures
- Verbs Há = ter = possibility
- Combinar de/ com
- Ir ter com = encontrar-se com
- Ter que / de & precisar que / de
- Expressions: Ter saudades de/ matar saudades de
What will I achieve?
When Portuguese for Speakers of Romance Languages Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.