Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Financial Mathematics MSc
Our Financial Mathematics MSc enables graduates and professionals with a strong mathematical background to research, develop and apply quantitative and computational techniques to investment and risk management. Based in the Department of Mathematics, this course has a superb reputation for research-led teaching and strong links to industry.
- Top 10 in the UK for Mathematics (QS World Rankings by subject 2023)
- In-depth coverage of the skills needed for working in the financial, actuarial or related industry: probability theory, optimisation, statistics and computer implementation.
- Unrivalled facilities in central London with City of London’s financial centre close by, and with access to live market data in our Bloomberg Data Laboratory.
- Flexible study course offering the opportunity to study part-time.
- King’s is a member of the London Graduate School in Mathematical Finance which provides advanced courses for students who wish to push beyond the MSc core syllabus.
- Lecturers on the course have extensive experience in consulting and working for financial companies and institutions such as Bank of Finland, Commerzbank, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, ION Trading, Standard Chartered Bank and Winton Capital Management.
- Leading centre of research, with 100 per cent of research in the Department of Mathematics classed as world-leading or internationally excellent (REF 2021).
“King’s is a great platform to learn about Bloomberg and other trading or coding tools too. King’s also organises career fairs, so I always go along to learn about companies, network and apply for internships and jobs.”
Application closing date guidance
We encourage you to apply as early as possible so that there is sufficient time for your application to be assessed. We may need to request further information from you during the application process.
King's College London is committed to the recruitment of students with the greatest academic ability and to maintain a diverse student population. In order to ensure a balanced international student population for our most competitive programmes, we have implemented the following deadlines:
For applicants who are currently residing in mainland China, the first application deadline is 10 January 2024 (23:59 UK time).
· We highly encourage you to apply by this deadline due to high demand, but applications will continue to be reviewed thereafter until the final application deadline on 10 March 2024 (23:59 UK time).
· If you reside in mainland China and apply for this programme after the above final deadline, your application may be automatically withdrawn and you will not be eligible for an application fee refund.
Our first application deadline for all other applicants is on 10 March 2024 (23:59 UK time). The final application deadlines for this programme are:
· Overseas (international) fee status: 26 July 2024 (23:59 UK time)
· Home fee status: 26 August 2024 (23:59 UK time)
After the first application deadline, if the programme becomes full before the final deadlines stated above, we will close the programme to further applications.
Join us at our Bush House campus to discover more about our range of Arts and Sciences master’s courses.
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.