Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Theoretical Physics MSc
Our Theoretical Physics MSc is an intensive, research-led course in which you will examine foundational topics in theoretical and mathematical physics such as general relativity and quantum field theory, before exploring advanced topics such as string theory, and supersymmetry . You will be exposed to a wide range of research techniques and have the opportunity to conduct and write up your own project.
- Top 10 in the UK for Mathematics (QS World Rankings by subject 2023)
- Opportunity to study theoretical and mathematical physics such as general relativity and quantum field theory, and advanced topics such as string theory and supersymmetry.
- Research-led course taught by staff who are internationally recognised leaders in their field.
- Excellent tutorial support, extensive course- specific interactive teaching and regular classroom discussions.
- Located in the heart of London, giving unparalleled access to research facilities
- You will be studying innovative modules covering modern theories of physics.
- Leading centre of research, with 100 per cent of research in the Department of Mathematics classed as world-leading or internationally excellent (REF 2021).
Application closing date guidance
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.